Thursday, April 21, 2011

Author Success Story: Blogging on the Huffington Post

Here's another author success story, with Marilyn Wedge talking about getting her article accepted for The Huffington Post:

One thing that worked for me was to buy John Kremer's "15,000 Eyeballs Program" and follow the directions. Here’s why. I never would have thought of becoming a blogger for The Huffington Post.

I admire the Huffington Post and read it often, but to be a blogger simply did not cross my mind. Yet there it was, right in John's program, “Lesson 2: Write a blog for the Huffington Post."

I was so interested in this, that I skipped Lesson 1. What have I got to lose? I asked myself. He makes it sound so simple. So I followed John’s directions and wrote the best article I could muster. And it was accepted. You could have knocked me over with a feather.

My book, Suffer the Children: The Case Against Labeling and Medicating and an Effective Alternative, was published two weeks ago. I cannot say for certain that blogging has drawn attention to the book, but I imagine it hasn’t hurt either.

I am a family therapist with twenty years of experience helping children and teens. I wrote this book to offer parents an alternative to medicating their children. The book is easy for parents to read and offers safe, effective solutions for a wide spectrum of childhood woes such as school problems, behavior problems, depression, and anxiety.

- To read more about Marilyn Wedge's book and see the latest reviews, visit the Suffer the Children website at http://www.Sufferthechildren.net.

Quick Update: Marilyn posted a second article on The Huffington Post: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/marilyn-wedge-phd/a-tale-of-two-bullies-the_b_848754.html - and within 3 days the post had 48 Facebook likes and 96 tweets from just that post.
blog comments powered by Disqus