Monday, February 14, 2011

An Author's First Steps in Marketing His Book


Here's another first small step in marketing a book:

I’m at the early stages of marketing my book, Training Dana to Selling Success, so my success story is a humble one. I’m also new at social media marketing. I only opened my Twitter account for my book at the beginning of this year. “0” followers is what I kept staring at on my Twitter page for weeks until someone told me, “If you want followers, start to follow others.” So I did. I Googled other authors who wrote on the same subject matter as my book and started to follow them. In one week I picked up 21 followers. I will continue to Tweet and hopefully see those current and future followers, turn into buyers soon. - Scott Moody, http://www.trainingdana.com

John's Comments: Well, that's a start. Very small start, but a beginning. Now you need to create more relationships with other people on Twitter and Facebook. Even more important, you need to create relationships with other websites that focus on sales.

blog comments powered by Disqus