Friday, January 16, 2009

Best Book on Sales and Marketing



Today, I saw this headline in a Twitter feed: Top 5 Books on Sales and Marketing (or something close to that). When I clicked on the link, I was taken to the following blog post: http://heblogssheblogs.com/the-greatest-book-on-sales-marketing.

Now, being the egocentric marketing genius that I am, I thought the blog post might be about my 1001 Ways to Market Your Books. Alas, it was about a children's book! To think, I was being out-classed by a kid's book. But, then again, it was a Dr. Seuss book, so I can't feel all bad.

The post made me want to read the book again: Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss.

In the book, the hero tries 16 times to make the sale. And does make it. And, most important, gets a hearty Thanks! at the end from the customer for his efforts.

And a little tidbit at the end of the post: A Random House editor bet Ted Geisel $50 he couldn’t write a book using only fifty words? The result was this book: Green Eggs and Ham.
blog comments powered by Disqus