Monday, December 18, 2006

Down with Anonymity

Why is it that so many book promotion companies that I get emails from or who post news releases on the Internet -- why is it that they never say who they are? If I'm going to spend $1,500 or more on their services, I want to know who they are. I want names, addresses, phone numbers -- not just an anonymous email and a website that doesn't tell me who they are.

Just got another such email from Mayfair Book Promotions. I do know where they're from -- London, England. But no names, no numbers, no real people email addresses. Why, oh why? It's just plain stupid not to let people know who you are and what you can do.

When you go to bookmarket.com, you will see me all over the website. By the beginning of the new year when I have my redesigned website up and running, you'll be able to find me even more readily.

Don't be anonymous. Let people know who you are and what you can offer them -- no matter what sort of website you have or what sort of book you wrote.
blog comments powered by Disqus