Sunday, October 16, 2005

Children's Book Publishers

Question: I worked with children for 7 years where I told them stories to entertain them. After I told them all the stories I knew, I started to imagine new stories and tell them. The kids loved them and I got the idea to write them down. My question is: How could I publish them?

Answer: You should not try to publish them yourself. Instead, sell them to a good children's book publisher. I list many such publishers at: Children's Book Publishers.

Before submitting your stories to a publisher, be sure to go to a good local bookstore and see which children's publishers are publishing stories like the ones you've been creating. Those are the publishers you want to approach. When you submit your story (send one at a time) to a publisher, tell them why you are sending your story to them. Why? Because they've published books similar to the story you are telling.

-- John Kremer, author, 1001 Ways to Market Your Books
blog comments powered by Disqus