Sunday, August 12, 2012

Become the 8,000 Member of The Book Marketing Network

Someone in the next few days will become the 8,000th member of The Book Marketing Network: http://www.thebookmarketingnetwork.com. That book author could be you! Why not join today?

Here is a blog post from one of the more active members of The Book Marketing Network, Neil Ostroff, author of Drop Out and other novels:

What a difference a month makes for my sales. From a lackluster July to a booming August. Sales of Drop Out have skyrocketed over the last week as well as my other adult books. Right now I’m on par to break my all time sales month of last January.

Strangely though, my sci-fi/fantasy books are not selling well this month. Perhaps, kids are gearing up for school and losing interest in spending their endless summer reading fiction. I don’t know.

I do know that more and more people are buying ereaders whether adults or children. And how do I know this? Because everyone I know is buying one or plans on buying one. For an indie author, that’s music to my ears. I envision a day when millions of my books will be read (even if people get them free) and thousands of people will want to read my next works.

I know what everyone is thinking, ‘Why do it if you don’t get paid?’ I think for me, I’ve reached a level in writing where I am satisfied just knowing my stuff is out there for people to enjoy. I’ve gone the corporate route with publishing, had a New York agent, sent thousands of queries, proposals, and outlines to make a sale, and yet what gives me the most pride and joy is when someone emails me and tells me how much they enjoyed my work, not how much money I made off them. I think that is the ultimate reward for any artist: appreciation.

So, if I break my own sales record this month that would be amazing. If I don’t, that’s okay, too. I know that last month more than 6,000 of my books were downloaded, and to me, that’s pretty cool.

Check out Neil's network profile at: http://thebookmarketingnetwork.com/profile/NeilOstroff
blog comments powered by Disqus