Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Give with Joy: Day Three

As I have noted, I decided to share something I found online that talks about giving, generosity, and sharing. While these audio episodes focus on Christian giving, I believe we can all learn something from these short lessons on how to live a good life, whether we are Christian, agnostic, or believers in another religion.

In my experience, you always get more than you give. It's just the way it is with the laws of life. If you can't wait for me to share these stories over the next 40 days, you can always go here to listen in or read at: http://www.givewithjoy.org/true_stories_all40.htm.

A Generous Life

Day Three: Does God Want You to Be Rich?

http://www.givewithjoy.org/radio/GWJ-003.mp3

After my 40-Day Spiritual Journey to a More Generous Life became an unexpected bestseller, I was contacted by NBC to do a TV news story.

When the TV reporter interviewed me, she asked, “So, you think God wants everyone rich?”

I said, “No, I don’t believe that.”

She was a little surprised by my answer and then asked, “Well, what do you believe?”

I responded, “I believe that everyone needs to learn to become more generous with whatever God has given them.”

She then asked, “Well, didn’t your book becoming a bestseller make you rich?”

I replied, “No, it helped me become more generous!”

The truth is--every one of us in America is rich when you compare us to the rest of the world. What each of us needs to learn is how to become more generous with whatever God entrusts to us.

- Brian Kluth, author of 40-Day Spiritual Journey to a More Generous Life
blog comments powered by Disqus