Saturday, September 24, 2005

Book Titles: The World's Worst

In their book The World's Worst, Les Krantz and Sue Sveum noted the following book titles. They seem to be real titles. Amazon.com features all of these very odd books. Do titles help sell books? Yes, they do. Did these titles help to sell the books? I really don't know. But I do know that I would have taken the books off the book shelf if I had seen them when I was browsing in a bookstore. What would you have done?


Entertaining with Insects: The Original Guide to Insect Cookery


New Guinea Tapeworms and Jewish Grandmothers

Do It Yourself Brain Surgery and Other Home Skills

Proceedings of the Second International Workshop on Nude Mice

The two covers that are available on Amazon.com are rather horrible covers. Don't copy them. Don't even think about copying them. I'm just showing them so you know the books are real. The covers are terrible.
blog comments powered by Disqus