Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Promoting Your Book: Getting Attention

Would you like to know how to grab the attention of busy editors and other media people? Send them something interesting. Short and interesting. Like this poem I was sent a few minutes ago via email from the author.

Travel now, he said
I release you to the wind
I release you to the Morning Star
may you float away in peace and be guided by the
elders
I release you to come home to
yourself
where the only true
love resides
I release you to find what has
always been
your true self
released
so it is said
so it is done
Washti


This poem is by Jay North, author of a new book Open Spaces: My Life and Times with Leonard J. Mountain Chief. The poem and his story are described in more detail in the book. Visit his web site for more information: http://www.goingorganic.com.
blog comments powered by Disqus